As stated in the official press release: “Films from around the world, surprises, important guests, tributes and parallel events transform the city into a youthful cell of life and a place of fruitful collaboration.”
The following personalities will honour the happening with their presence:
Alexander Payne, chairman of this year’s International Jury, with his film Nebraska will close the festival.
Director Alain Guiraudie, who was recently honored at Cannes, and the versatile Claire Simone. To each of them the 54th TIFF pays tribute showing their works.
The Balkan filmmakers Corneliu Porumboiu and Recha Erdem, partecipants in the Jubilee Tribute “Balκan Survey 1994 – 2013¨.
Among the highlights of the festival:
- The International Competition, which honors the world´s best fiction filmmaker
- The Greek Cinema
- The tribute to the Contemporary Argentine Cinema, Guiraudie & Simon and the special performances of the Open Horizons, where the innovative voices of the independent world cinema will gain voice.
- The Balkan Survey, celebrating its 20th anniversary with a tribute.
- The Youth Screen, with fantasy and trick films for school pupils.
- The Agora, the platform which enables the international network of professionals to meet, discuss and agree, from November 2 to 9.
- The Open Discussion titled “Wrong Target” and the issue of immigration, on Sunday, November 3
- Concerts by Konstantinos Vita on 4 and 5 November, the band brass Fanfara Transilvania on 7/11 and Panos Mouzouraki on 9 / 11th
The festival´s movies will be shown in the Cinemas Olympion and in the Paul Zannas and in the halls of the harbour, named after John Cassavetes, Stavros Tornes, Tonia Marketaki and Frida Liappa.
Tickets are available at the Aristotle Square and the Harbour, daily from 10:00 to 24:00 clock by phone under the number 2312 202 250 and online at www.filmfestival.gr/tickets.
The ticket price is 6 € and students, cultural Card holders, unemployed and elderly over 65 years have free admittance to the 15:00 shows, if vacancies provided.
We wish Kales provoles!
Thessaloniki Film Festival: www.filmfestival.gr